It is hard to find the words sometimes to describe an impact that was made on my life just a few months ago at a ladies retreat at http://www.allasoranch.com/ in Hawkins, Texas. I learned a few things that I would like to share.
The four kinds of people that we have or come across in our lifetime are:
1. Joy-- people who make it easy for us to love them and to be around them
2. Testy-- People who test our ability to love
3. Foe-- the person we almost hate, an enemy to our soul
4. Far-- the stranger
The four confessions of love that we learned about:
1. God is the only perfect love. 1john 4:18
2. Nothing can separate us from God's perfect love Romans 8:38-39
3. God poors his perfect love into our imperfect heart Romans 5:5
4. Accessed, I can love anyone through anything. Philippians 4:16
We can never love well until we love ourselves well. God measures maturity by how well we love. God will not give to us what won't pass through us. We will not love until we feel well loved. Perfect love is a mature love. Restoration is by the will of God. Reconciliation may not be. Some relationships should not be reconciled. Loving with God's love lets us love others with insight. Never love blindly. Always remember" WE LOVE BECAUSE HE LOVED US FIRST."
"So here is what i want you to do when you gather for worship, each of you be prepared with something that will be useful to all; sing a him, teach a lesson, tell a story, lead a prayer, provide an insight." 1 Corinthians14:
In GOD'S Hands