Free Scripture Tags at Rich Gifts Graphics & Blog Design for Christian Ministry

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

FOREGIVENESS


THIS IS SOMETHING ID LIKE TO SHARE ITS A LETTER I WROTE TO SOMEONE VERY DEAR TO ME BUT IT SHOWS HOW I HAVE CHANGED SINCE ACCEPTING JESUS INTO MY HEART............. THIS IS ONLY SHARED WITH YOU BECAUSE IT COULD BE A USEFUL TOOL TO SOMEONE ELSE AND I FEEL AS IF GOD HAS ASKED ME TO SHARE THIS WITH you.


There are some things I want to get off of my chest.
there have been things in my life that haven't been perfect about me and for that I am very sorry.

I have had to take a long look at my life and change many things about it, for the last 2 1/2 years I have made some serious changes in my life. I am happy to share with you I allowed myself to put my life in gods hands. I have accepted him in my life to help guide me through the many years I have left to walk on this earth. I have learned many things since doing this. I am no longer a bitter, vengeful, spiteful, hateful person. I have decided to forgive myself for all my wrong doings as I have asked god for forgiveness as well. As a Christian, we should forgive as we have been forgiven(mathew6:12). True forgiveness means we treat the one we"Ave forgiven as we would want to be treated. Forgiveness involves both attitudes and actions.(romans 12:19-21). my attitude as change tremendously as far as life is concerned. life is too short to live with such bitterness and hatred in my life. Jesus knows exactly what we will do to hurt him, yet he still loves us unconditionally and will forgive us when we ask for it. Jesus was a living example of God's love, as we are to be living examples of Jesus' love. Jesus says that our christlike love will show we are his disciples. love is not simply warm feelings: its instead an attitude that reveals itself in action.(john 13:27-38)

(john 12:1-3) Jesus' words show that the way to eternal life,through unseen, is certain- as assured as our trust in Jesus. he has already prepared the way to eternal life. the only issue that may still be unsettled is ones willingness to believe.

I believe that forgiveness means forgetting the wrong committed against you. In the bible it states in (psalms 103:12) east and west can never meet. this is a symbolic portrait of gods forgiveness- when he forgives our sin, he separated it from us and doesn't ever remember it. we need never wallow in the forgiven past, for god forgives and forgets. we tend to dredge up the ugly past, forgetting that once asked, god has forgiven our past and wiped the slate clean. if we are to follow God, we must model is forgiveness. when we forgive another, we must also forget his sin, otherwise we have not truly forgiven. I have asked to be forgiven of all my sins and im sure god has forgiven me as well. I want to work on our relationship(mine and yours) so that hopefully I can be a better person and be truly happy with my self inside and out. I only have the one mother and if it weren't for you carry me for 9 months id never have been born so lucky as to be born as one of gods children and one of gods followers. I want to learn more about god and want to one day help by spreading the word. The last quote I will say is that in Ephesians 6:1-4 If our faith in Christ is real, it will usually prove itself at home, in our relationships with those who know us best. Children and parents have a responsibility to each other. children should honor their parents even if parents are unfair and demanding. parents should care for their children even if they are disobedient and unpleasant. Christian parents and Christian children will relate too each other with thoughtfulness and love. (Luke 15:30) in the story of the prodigal son, the fathers response is contrasted with the other brother's. the father forgave because he was joyful and the son refused to forgive because he was bitter towards the injustice of it all.

his resentment rendered him just as lost to the fathers love as his younger brother had been, don't let anything keep you from forgiving others. if you are refusing to forgive people, you are missing a wonderful opportunity of experiencing joy and sharing it with them. make your joy grow: forgive somebody who has hurt you.

psalms 51:13 when god forgives our sin and restores us to a relationship with him, we want to reach out to others who may need this forgiveness and reconciliation. the more you have felt god's forgiveness, the more you desire to tell others about it. its really a wonderful feeling to have.

I know for a fact that life can deal us some very bad situations. I have also felt cheated, but I do not have to remain bitter about it. I feel we can remove bitterness from our lives by honestly expressing our feelings to god, forgiving those who have wronged us, and being content with that we have.

I just wanted to share this with you and hopefully you will one day find it in your heart to forgive me as I have forgiven all the bad in my life. I know it makes me a much stronger, happier person, and a lot closer to god. I love you very much you are my mother and nothing will ever change that. I feel in my heart that we will get through this but I thought I would start with sharing with you what I have learned.



No comments:

Post a Comment

His Mercies are new everyday! Thank you for your comment!