Free Scripture Tags at Rich Gifts Graphics & Blog Design for Christian Ministry

Friday, March 27, 2009

the holy spirit

I am not sure how or where to go with this post so some of you might call it rambling on but I'm putting my thoughts on paper so to speak. Last night at our church we had a ladies night out we we had pot luck dinner and lots of fellowship and praise and worship singing and all around lots of fun. We had a lady at the end of the night to give her testimony (thank goodness it was at the end) well about half way through the tears began to roll off my face because what she had to say so hit home for me. I brought back so many memories (not good ones either) that i was really emotional wreck by the time she got to the end of her story. People say it was the holy spirit working on me and maybe even God trying to finally after many years begin a healing process with me. I have prayed over it for awhile for God to give me strength to forgive the people who shall i say abused me (putting it in a nice way) well I'm not sure why but i thought i had put it ion the past but i found out last night that i hadn't.
I have since learned by reading my bible that I couldn't fully forgive someone and ask God to forgive me at the same time. Mathew 6:15 If you refuse to forgive your father will not forgive you. We have to forgive those who have sinned against us in order to be forgiven ourselves.



Luke 6 : 35 love your enemies Luke 6:37 Do not judge others and you will not be judged. Do not condemn others or it will all come back against you. Forgive others and you too will be forgiven. Give and you will receive.



well one of my favorite verses in the bible now as come to be Philippians 4:13 I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST, WHO GIVES ME STRENGTH.



Exodus 6: 9-12 A clear message from God doesn't mean instant results. Therefore i am learning that as long as i remain faithful to God He can and will get me through anything. It may not be as soon as i want it to be but i will happen and everything happens for a reason.



I feel that last night was a new beginning for me and that its strange how all things happen for a reason when we least expect them too.



have a blesses day

1 comment:

His Mercies are new everyday! Thank you for your comment!